It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a new Test Plan and link some existing test cases using RQM Excel Importer?

gao hongxia (11) | asked Nov 24 '23, 4:57 a.m.
cfg file as below, the test  plan is created, but test case not linked:

testplan.XLSWorksheetID="Template"

testplan.XLSStartRow=2
testplan.XLSArtifactID=A2
testplan.dc:title=A2
testplan.dc:description=B2
testplan.jzalm:state=E2
testplan.testcase=LinkExisting("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:"&D2)

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Dec 03 '23, 10:17 p.m.

indicates a reference to the master test artifacts, content is the external/internal id or the excel cell/column that stores the external/internal id of the master artifact on ETM server.
i.e.
testplan links with testcase, then test  plan is master artifact and testcase is sub/child artifact.
testcase.testplan=LinkExisting("testplanid"), testplanid1 is the external/internal id of the test plan on ETM server.

So in your case, you want to link a new testplan to the existing testcases for which keyword LinkExisting() won't apply.
You would need to use keyword Link() instead. Please try

testplan.testcase=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:"&D2)

Hope this helps.

permanent link
Thomas Stevens (111) | answered Jan 23, 1:32 a.m.
edited Jan 23, 1:33 a.m.

Referring to https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#LinkExisting uno online indicates a reference to the master test artifacts, content is the external/internal id or the excel cell/column that stores the external/internal id of the master artifact on ETM server.
i.e. testplan links with testcase, then test  plan is master artifact and testcase is sub/child artifact.
testcase.testplan=LinkExisting("testplanid"), testplanid1 is the external/internal id of the test plan on ETM server.
So in your case, you want to link a new testplan to the existing testcases for which keyword LinkExisting() won't apply. You would need to use keyword Link() instead. Please try
testplan.testcase=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:"&D2)
Hope this helps.
Great! This solution works for me. Thanks, bro!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.