It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Use RQM Excel Importer to Create Test Script Artifacts of Type Worksoft Certify

Joseph DeFilippo (611) | asked May 08 '14, 11:49 a.m.
edited May 12 '14, 11:45 a.m. by Max Bridges (24126)
I have been working on creating the configuration files for our team to use to import data into RQM from Excel. One of the things we would like to do is create linked test scripts as placeholders for the Worksoft automated scripts. In the Excel export tool's configuration, this is called a "Remote Script".

I have figured out how to automatically create "Remote scripts" for other types of automated scripts including Command Line scripts, "Rational Appscan" scripts, and Selenium Scripts, but I am having difficulty for Worksoft scripts. IBM has provided syntax for "Adapter Type" for each type of automated script except for the Worksoft ones. For example:

Remote Script: Adapter Type
Selenium Remote Script: com.ibm.rqm.adapter.selenium
Command Line Remote Script: com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline
IBM RFT Remote Script: com.ibm.rqm.adapter.rft

I cannot figure out what "Adapter Type" to use for Worksoft Certify. I've tried "com.ibm.rqm.adapter.worksoft", "com.ibm.rqm.adapter.certify", and "com.worksoft.certify.adapter", but none have worked. Do you have any ideas on what to use as the name of the adapter for the "Adapter Type"?

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered May 09 '14, 3:02 a.m.
I don't think there is any existing Adapter type for Worksoft Certify as it is not a supported automation tool as it specified in RQM:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_work_with_rft.html

At the end after you importing the script into RQM, you will execute it from within RQM. If the adapter is not there, you wont be able to run it.

If Worksoft Certify has command line option, you may use command line adapter for it. This is just a thought.

Comments
Joseph DeFilippo commented May 09 '14, 8:43 a.m.
Thanks for your reply, but I have to say that it is misinformed =)  It's not surprising since RQM and Worksoft  together is not a very popular combination of tools.  

To make a long story short, yes, there is an adapter for RQM/Certify and we are using it at the moment at my company.  We are able to kick off Worksoft Certify scripts from RQM using the RQM adapter. 

See http://www.worksoft.com/files/resources/Worksoft-Datasheet-Certify-And-IBM-Rational-Quality-Manager.pdf for more information regarding Worksoft/RQM integration, if you so choose.  

The bottom line is that Worksoft Certify is a valid Test Script type in RQM.  http://imgur.com/ieczvIR

Don Yang commented May 09 '14, 9:15 a.m.

Thank you very much for the info. I did not know about this adapter. If I checked with default test script creation view, I can only select the script types specified in the Help but Not including Worksoft Certify. I guess the adapter for Worksoft Certify could be created from business partner and it is not available within RQM by default. Based on that, I really suspect the ExcelImporter would have an adapter type for it. But I would leave to someone else to comment further if there may be some other background which I am not aware of.

permanent link
Gerd Schiering (12211316) | answered May 27 '14, 8:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Joe,  

I am adding a recap to make sure others can profit as well from your findings.

The correct remote script type to use is "com.worksoft.adapter.certify".

This was only found by guessing.
Apparently the Worksoft Certify adapter plugin to RQM is not populating any of the fields that a remote test script would usually have definitions for.

As an example I am posting the information for an RQM command line adapter script:
<ns4:type>com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline</ns4:type>
<ns4:variables/>
<ns4:includeBuiltInVars>false</ns4:includeBuiltInVars>
<ns4:manageadapter>true</ns4:manageadapter>
<ns4:adapterid>007</ns4:adapterid>
<command:command>something.bat</command:command>
<arguments:arguments>arg1</arguments:arguments>

Hope this help for anybody looking for the values when using tooling to import scripts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.