It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Summary of users and their roles per project area in RQM

Hugo Hernandez (57) | asked Sep 15 '23, 4:59 p.m.

I would like to generate a list of users and roles of each user per project area in RQM. Since I don't think it can be generated in JRS, I would like to use SQL with RQM's tables to generate this list. Do you know what tables from the RQM database could I use to get this information? I have tried with  these tables so far:

REPOSITORY_CONTRIBUTOR_RECORD
REPOSITORY_CONTRBTR_RCRD_SR_DS
process_process_area_contrbtrs

But they don't have all the information that I need.

Thanks,

Comments
David Honey commented Sep 18 '23, 3:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The tables used to record users, roles, project areas, team areas etc are private and undocumented.

Hugo Hernandez commented Sep 18 '23, 2:43 p.m.

Thanks Ralph Schoon and David Honey

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 18 '23, 2:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have no experience with accessing the database. Reading data is OK, but there is no guarantee the database tables change.

It is possible to use APIs. One solution would be using the Plain Java Client Libraries. Here is an example: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/analyzing-a-aroject-areas-members-and-roles-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/ . The Plain Java Client Libraries are only available for EWM, but usually work for the other applications as well. You would have to try.

Another set of APIs are the Jazz Foundation API https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DraftTeamProcessRestApi . This could probably be used as well. 

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.