It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Preselection of Found In (Release) when creating a defect out of a test result

Thomas Becker (154) | asked Mar 16 '23, 11:04 a.m.

I’ve added the attributes „Found In” and “Releases / Global Context” to the inline editor when creating a defect out of a test result. 

In the meanwhile, we’ve found out, that the release which is preselected in these attributes comes from the linked release in the global configuration. 

The problem is, that we don’t understand how ELM decides which release out of this list is used as a preselection for the attributes in the defect. <o:p> </o:p>

Therefore I have the following two questions:

1. Do you know how ELM decides for the preselected release and how we can force the tool to use a specific release as preselection? <o:p> </o:p>
  2. Do you know how to force the tool to use “unassigned” as a preselection for the two above mentioned attributes?  <o:p> </o:p>
Hope you understand the question without screenshots. I've tried to add some, but the tool doesn't allow me to add pictures 

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 16 '23, 7:51 p.m.
I haven't tested it but if you go to the timeline and check whether the preselected release is set as Current one, I think Current one would be used as the preselected release.
If there is no current iteration, I would guess it would be unassigned, you can have a test if this is how it works

Thomas Becker commented Mar 17 '23, 6:52 a.m.
In our setup, the releases have no association to the iteration. Therefore a current iteration can not be the trigger for the pre-selection. Further more, the list of releases is a list which exists in the GC-application and not in EWM(RTC).  From my point of view, the trigger for the pre-selection should be found somewhere in GC. 

But anyway, many thanks for your response. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.