It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any API available to fetch workitems type?

G C (4911) | asked Jul 20 '23, 3:15 a.m.

can we fetch the workitems identifier value using any API in RTC

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 20 '23, 3:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 20 '23, 3:26 a.m.

Yes. Whatever Identifier value means in the context of a work item.

Comments
G C commented Jul 20 '23, 6:12 a.m.

for a workitem , it will have a display name, which gets displayed in the UI and an identifier value like com.ibm.___ which will be used at the backened. How can we fetch it?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 20 '23, 6:47 a.m.

That is incorrect. As far as I am aware a work item das a unique ID/identifier like 345.

com.ibm.___ is part of a name pattern that does not reveal any relevant information. 

Since the question does not seem to be asked in an answerable way: You can find the available APIs here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 20 '23, 6:54 a.m.

As far as I am aware a work item das a unique ID/identifier like 345.

com.ibm.___ is part of a name pattern that does not reveal any relevant information in the context of the question. 

Since the question does not seem to be asked in an answerable way: You can find the available APIs here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding 

Any work item has an ID - an integer as already stated. It is usually necessary to know the ID to access the work item in any API. If you have access to a work item the ID is always accessible.

A work item usually has a summary which is accessible in any supported API, if you have the work item.

A work item always has a type. This is accessible in any API I am aware of. 

G C commented Jul 20 '23, 11:47 p.m.

Ok Thanks for the info, identifier means the id of the workitem, But yes I want to fetch the type of all workitems in project area

David Honey commented Jul 21 '23, 3:57 a.m.

Use OSLC query.

G C commented Jul 21 '23, 4:47 a.m.

Do you have the OSLC query available? 

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jul 20 '23, 7:06 a.m.
edited Jul 20 '23, 7:07 a.m.
Have you looked at the resource shape(s) for work items and their subtypes?
Or perform a GET on a work item with Accept=text/turtle and look at that as an example of RDF content?
That will tell you what RDF properties are available. I know that includes the type of work item.
Usually oslc:shortId is the short identifier. Note that is an xsd:string.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.