It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

save button is disabled in the create project area

David Ghoussoub (21) | asked Dec 10 '09, 9:21 p.m.
I am not able to create a project area from the web administration UI because the save button is disabled

Here is the status summary

Status Summary
Server Status
Database Status Connected
Server Uptime 1 hour, 42 minutes
Memory Usage
Maximum Memory Allocation 1536 MB
Current Memory Allocation 191 MB
Free Memory (of Current) 27 %
Installed Products
Jazz Foundation - Jazz Team Server 1.0.0.2 RC1 (I20091028-1702)
License Status
Server License Rational Jazz Team Server - Enterprise (60 day trial)
Server License Status Trial - Expires On February 8, 2010 (60 days remaining)
Client Access License Status At least one of the Client Access Licenses expires on February 8, 2010 (60 days remaining)
Floating License Server Not Configured
Floating License Client Not Configured
Server VM
Version 1.5.0
Vendor IBM Corporation
Name IBM J9 VM
Details
J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows Server 2003 x86-32 j9vmwi3223ifx-20090422 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20090421_34076_lHdSMr
JIT - 20081112_1511ifx6_r8
GC - 200811_07
Database Status
The database is configured correctly.
Service Error Summary
There are no service errors.

10 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Dec 11 '09, 3:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Take a look at the "Repository Permissions" for the user in the web admin ui. You will need at least JazzProjectAdmins in order to create a project. Also be sure you have a Client Access License of Author.

permanent link
David Ghoussoub (21) | answered Dec 11 '09, 3:45 p.m.
Take a look at the "Repository Permissions" for the user in the web admin ui. You will need at least JazzProjectAdmins in order to create a project. Also be sure you have a Client Access License of Author.

All the following boxes are checked for the user trying to create the project:

JazzAdmins
JazzDWAdmins
JazzGuests
JazzUsers
JazzProjectAdmins
Client Access Licenses
Rational Requirements Composer - Author (9 available)
Rational Requirements Composer - Reviewer (9 available)

Thanks

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Dec 11 '09, 4:39 p.m.
Well that's certainly overkill. :) You certainly don't need both an author and a reviewer license and likewise, being both a JazzUser and a JazzGuest makes little sense. It's possible that this is confusing matters, though I admit it's not likely.

I would at least deselect Reviewer, JazzGuest and JazzDWAdmins and see if that helps. And you should generally only need one of JazzAdmin, JazzUser or JazzProjectAdmin depending on what the user should be allowed to do.

I guess what's truly interesting here is that by trying to create the project from the web admin ui (which is certainly supported), you're really working at the Jazz Foundation level, meaning it's not utilizing any RRC/RRS code or logic. So it may be worth asking in an RTC context what could cause the Save button to remain disabled.

permanent link
David Ghoussoub (21) | answered Dec 11 '09, 6:46 p.m.
Well that's certainly overkill. :) You certainly don't need both an author and a reviewer license and likewise, being both a JazzUser and a JazzGuest makes little sense. It's possible that this is confusing matters, though I admit it's not likely.

I would at least deselect Reviewer, JazzGuest and JazzDWAdmins and see if that helps. And you should geenrally only need one of JazzAdmin, JazzUser or JazzProjectAdmin depending on what the user should be allowed to do.

I guess what's truly interesting here is that by trying to create the project from the web admin ui (which is certainly supported), you're really working at the Jazz Foundation level, meaning it's not utilizing any RRC/RRS code or logic. So it may be worth asking in an RTC context what could cause the Save button to remain disabled.

An overkill indeed but after trying different combinations and failing I went ahead with enabling everything and still failing.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Dec 11 '09, 9:36 p.m.
I'm not sure what else to suggest. I can't find a way to recreate this.
What is your server configuration? Win/Linux, Tomcat/WAS, Derby/DB2/Oracle?

Also, have you tried creating the project from the RRC rich client? I don't really expect it will work there either, but who knows at this point.

permanent link
David Ghoussoub (21) | answered Dec 12 '09, 11:19 a.m.
I'm not sure what else to suggest. I can't find a way to recreate this.
What is your server configuration? Win/Linux, Tomcat/WAS, Derby/DB2/Oracle?

Also, have you tried creating the project from the RRC rich client? I don't really expect it will work there either, but who knows at this point.

It is win, tomcat and derby. At this level I am in the evaluation and getting familiar stage.

There is a catch 22 in trying to create the project from the RRC rich client. I started first with the client and I kept getting the errorr CRRRC2220E Cannot open the repository... Either the user or the password is not valid. This is what led me to do it admin web ui. Thanks.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Dec 12 '09, 2:25 p.m.
It's certainly sounding like some sort of configuration problem. I assume everything went successfully when running rdm/setup? You used FastPath? When you created the admin, did you assign it the author license (Step 5.4)? No problems creating the templates, indexes, etc (after pressing the Configure button)? You then defined a new user for yourself that you actually connect/login with?

I'll check with the RTC team for reasons why the save button might remain disabled. Otherwise I'm not sure what else to suggest besides maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the server and re-running the setup again. The reason I say uninstall first is that personally I've not had good experience trying to re-run the setup multiple times once you run into issues.

permanent link
David Ghoussoub (21) | answered Dec 12 '09, 8:23 p.m.
It's certainly sounding like some sort of configuration problem. I assume everything went successfully when running rdm/setup? You used FastPath? When you created the admin, did you assign it the author license (Step 5.4)? No problems creating the templates, indexes, etc (after pressing the Configure button)? You then defined a new user for yourself that you actually connect/login with?

I'll check with the RTC team for reasons why the save button might remain disabled. Otherwise I'm not sure what else to suggest besides maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the server and re-running the setup again. The reason I say uninstall first is that personally I've not had good experience trying to re-run the setup multiple times once you run into issues.

Hi Stef,

It is working now. I uninstalled, reinstalled and went through the configuration. Many thanks for your persistence in trying to find out what might be wrong. Much appreciated.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Dec 12 '09, 9:45 p.m.
Fantastic! I just wish I knew what got you in that spot in the first place. In hindsight, we should have saved a couple of configuration files which we could now compare to see what's different (though it may still have not shown up). Oh well. The important thing is you are up and running!

permanent link
Satyajit Panda (16) | answered Mar 15 '10, 7:22 a.m.
Guys,please configure the server after installation using the path
https://localhost:9443/rdm/setup .

This is a easy to miss step and this is the cause of the problem and some other problems where things behave weirdly after the installation.

This is mentioned in the "Installation Roadmap" link in Rational Requirements Composer 2.0.0.1 Downloads page.

I have pasted the link below.

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrc.install_upgrade.doc/topics/t_install_rpc.html.

I know it is a late reply but decided to put it anyway so that
it may help somebody.

Cheers

Satyajit

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.