It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ReqIF one way from Dimensions RM to Doors Next?

Mark McLaughlin (4667) | asked Apr 13 '23, 10:15 p.m.

Is it possible to do this? Safely? In this case we only need one way from Dimensions to Doors but if it were possible and it would help we could go for round trip.

There is a note at the bottom of scenario 1 in there that implies it might not be possible outside of a Doors Next to Doors Next environment on any of those scenarios?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 14 '23, 2:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 14 '23, 2:45 a.m.

I have seen import/export and migration efforts in general. In my experience, there are always issues, drawbacks, hick-ups, loss of information.

I have worked with customers that used ReqIf to share data with other stakeholders using different tools. As far as I can tell, they are able to share data and get changed data back. The changes are on attributes that are exclusively changed by only one partner. So there are no conflicting changes. This works more or less good for DNG and other tools. I have no specifics. It has not been a painless or trivial endeavor to implement this for the customer and there have been problems on the way. 

The customer also uses services and tools of the company Requisis (note to self, I am forum admin, so this is not spam). These tools use APIs to massage the data and automate export and import using ReqIF under the covers.

My conclusion would be, you need to figure out what you want. Try it out. If you consider roundtrip, make sure you don't have conflicts.   

This is the best way, I am able to answer this question. Maybe others with more direct experience can share as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.