It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Lifecycle Project with more than 1 RM Project Area

Sean F (1.3k243149) | asked Apr 01 '21, 11:24 a.m.
edited Apr 01 '21, 11:27 a.m.

I have a DOORS RM project area RMProj01 and a change project area (EWM/RTC) CProj01

They are both in lifecycle project LCProj01 so I can link a change request in CProj01 to a Requirement in ReqProj01

If I have a second Reqs project area RMProj02 can I link a change request in CProj01 to a requirement in ReqProj02?

It seems I would need to add RMProj02 to lifecycle project LCProj01 before I could do this but that does not seem to be possible since it already has 1 RM project area.

Is there a maximum of 1 change project area and 1 RM project area in any given lifecycle project?

So do I need a separate change project area to manage changes for each Req project area?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 01 '21, 7:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can have multiple DOORS Next project areas in a lifecycle project.   The default templates only create one, but you can add additional ones later.  In the Lifecycle Project Administration page, just scroll down to the Additional Artifact Containers section, and click on "Add".

Sean F selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean F commented Apr 02 '21, 12:12 p.m.
Thanks Geoffrey

I got that working now.

I have added a 2nd RM Container RM02 to the Lifecycle Project and it shows up as a member of the LC Project

But when I create a 2nd Change Request in the Change project CP01 and try to link it to a Req in RM02 the link creation browser only allows selection of the 1st RM project RM01. RM02 is not listed as an option

Is there an additional step required in order to do linking from CP01 to RM02 even though they are both in the same lifecycle project

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 02 '21, 12:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, you have to add an association between any two project areas that want to link to each other.   You would do that in the "Overview" section of the Project Area editor for the project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.