It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Created Test Script Column Excel Importer Tool Issue

DeWayne R (133) | asked Jun 03 '20, 2:45 p.m.

We created a custom column in RQM Test Script.  When I use the Excel Import Tool to load data into this column I don't get any errors but the data isn't loaded into the column.  Is it possible to use the tool with custom column we created?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Jun 03 '20, 3:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dewayne,

If you are on version 6.0.2 or higher, you can use following format to import custom attributes on test script steps.      testscript.steps.customAttributes name=N3.type=M4.value=O

If it is an existing attribute, then you may have to specify Identifier too. You can find  more information on how to get the identifier on our wiki https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter.

Hope that helps!

-Vidya Malkarnekar
DeWayne R selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
DeWayne R commented Jun 04 '20, 2:44 p.m.

Thank for the reply.  The wiki line you gave me gives an error.  Is there another address you can give me?

Is this "testscript.steps.customAttributes name=N3.type=M4.value=O" correct as stated?  Just seems strange having =M4.value=O. 

DeWayne R commented Jun 04 '20, 3:48 p.m.

Weird but the link started working.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.