It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update artifacts using DNG API

sri K (155) | asked Jan 23 '23, 2:31 a.m.

Hi Team,

I have a module which has number of artifacts created in it. I have a python program which should read the artifacts and add some conditions to it and upload it back to DNG RM. I'll read the artifacts using this API. https://<server>/rm/publish/resources?viewURI=<view_URI>&projectURI=<projectURI>&moduleUri=<moduleURI>

Similarly, I want to update number of artifacts through APIs. It could be updating one Artifact/list of artifacts/save all the artifacts as a file and import the artifacts from it.

Could you please help me on this.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 23 '23, 2:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here is a list of the available APIs: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding

The API you mention above is the reportable REST API for DNG, which is read only. There is no Update or create operation available. The OSLC API allows to CRUD artefacts. 

sri K selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sri K commented Jan 23 '23, 3:01 a.m.

Hi Ralph, Thanks for your information.

Is there any specific example which I could refer for this problem?  

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 23 '23, 3:09 a.m.

The link I provided mentions an OSLC workshop. At least read that. 

This is the entry point for a number of blog posts that explain EWM APIs. All the OSLC related content applies to DNG as well. 

sri K commented Jan 23 '23, 4:23 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. 

sri K commented Jan 27 '23, 4:11 a.m.

Hi Ralph, 

I have found a way to update artifacts individually using OSLC API. Thanks for the information.

But in my case, I might be updating nearly 300 artifacts in one single run. So, I have to do nearly 600 API requests.
So, I am trying to find Is there any way to update artifacts by importing a CSV file through an API in one shot?

I don't find any information about this question. Could you please help me on this?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 27 '23, 4:19 a.m.

OSLC does not know any bulk update I am aware of. If you must update 300 items, you have to GET each item and then PUT each modified item (mind the ETag). This is how the API is designed.  

sri K commented Jan 27 '23, 4:47 a.m.

Sure, Thanks again. 

Is there any API rate limiting? in DOORs. If yes, Is it possible to change it?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 27 '23, 4:50 a.m.

Not that I am aware of. 

sri K commented Jan 27 '23, 4:52 a.m.

Thank you.

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.