It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Check in for the same change set created for submitting review in RTC 6.0.6

Deepti Rawat (133) | asked Dec 26 '22, 4:21 a.m.
edited Dec 26 '22, 4:27 a.m.
Hi,
I am using RTC 6.0.6 and i am trying code review process for the first time.
After watching all videos and articles i am able to understand how the process works.
But i want to know that if the developer has resolved all the issues, then how he/she can check in
for the same change set already created for submitting the review.

Can anyone explain is it possible to check in the resolved code for the same change set.
Or one has to create a new change set again repeating the same process for submitting the review for the resolved code.

Thanks & Regards
Deepti

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 04 '23, 10:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Once a change set is completed/closed, further file changes cannot be added to that change set. This is by design.
This also ensures that what is under code review does not suddenly change for the reviewer, and also ensures the code that was reviewed (and approved for example) will not change after the fact.

The recommended approach is to check-in further changes into a different change set, and associate that change set to the work item and re-submit the work item for code review. The different change sets also help capture what actually happened, such as what was actually changed for that review cycle, and other metadata such as a new change set comment, and change set completion date, etc.

The code review tool, much like multi-selecting change sets and showing them in the 'Change Summary' view in the EWM Eclipse client, will show a compare editor showing the aggregate (net effect) of all the change sets associated to the work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.