It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is restricted access working with users authentication via a WAS list?

Carlos Isacovich (59111) | asked Jul 26 '22, 6:44 p.m.
I have set the Restricted Access attribute using 2 methods:
  1. I created a new category, associate it to a team area and selected to restrict access only to that team-
  2. I created an access group and included two teams in this access group.
Nevertheless, a user that isn't a member of the teams can read work items Filed against that category AND having the restricted access attribute set to the access group.
Maybe I miss some other configuration to enable this feature?

We are working with EWM 7.0.2 under Windows, with WAS 9.5.0.8 and DB2 11.1

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 27 '22, 2:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have worked with this mechanism and it is working in general. The description in item 1 and 2 is not very convincing that you have successfully configured the restricted access to use it to effect.

A good reference is also https://jazz.net/library/article/837

If you work with restricted access, you can EITHER use the category/filed against to set the access context. OR an access group. To use an access group, you need to MANUALLY select the access group in the Restricted Access attribute, or you require some kind of automation as explained in my blog. So creating an access group does not buy you anything, when working with category based read access. 

I would suggest to follow the article to set it up correctly and understand how it is working for categories first.
Users with Repository Role JazzAdmin can see everything.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.