It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Batch REST API GET calls

magnus Elfving (346) | asked Dec 09 '22, 7:59 a.m.

Hi,

I am querying for artefacts information by REST API GET calls for the uri's stated in the bindings of a module, which works fine.

Though, for modules with a large amount of bindings, the time spent accessing the artefacts is (to) large due to the overhead for each GET call.  

Is it possible to batch a set of uri's in one REST API GET call?

Kind Regards 
Magnus

Comments
David Honey commented Dec 12 '22, 4:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Usually the only benefit to using a multi-part request (if supported) is that it saves the latency of the round trip from multiple requests. The server still has to do the same amount of work. In general, I'm not aware of such multi-part request support in ELM REST APIs. If network latency is an issue, you can always perform multiple requests concurrently. However, be careful to limit the maximum number of concurrent requests because it can result in the server's connection pool being exhausted, to the detriment of other users.

In some cases, an OSLC query or a reportable REST call might be able to query for and return information about multiple objects. You'd have to look at the API documentation to see whether that was possible for your specific use case.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 12 '22, 2:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It would be helpful to know which API you refer to. Here the list of documented APIs https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding

I do not know the answer for the reportable REST API, but for the OSLC API, I believe the answer is no. 

magnus Elfving selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
magnus Elfving commented Dec 20 '22, 6:47 a.m.

Hi

"DNG Reportable REST API - v6.0 or higher" does what I require and it will decrease the overhead. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.