It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move code in EWM eclipse client from one stream to another stream and one project to another ?

Jitendra Singh (193) | asked Sep 15 '22, 7:00 a.m.

Please Help me on moving code in streams

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 15 '22, 8:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You do not move code in streams. Start here: https://jazz.net/library/article/126 and get an understanding of the topic.

You flow changes between Repository Workspaces and Streams in both directions. If you need to flow changes from one stream to another, you use a repository workspace based on the source stream then you change the flow target to the target stream and deliver changes. This might require integration effort. 

In special cases, where no changes are ever done on the target stream, you can use the target stream as flow target in the source stream and directly deliver changes in the pending changes.

Streams are only owned by a project area. They are not really in a project area. You can simply see all streams in all project areas, if you have access.

Jitendra Singh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jitendra Singh commented Sep 15 '22, 8:24 a.m. | edited Sep 15 '22, 8:31 a.m.

Thank you for correcting me I was asking about flowing changes between streams 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 15 '22, 8:31 a.m.

Is the information sufficient? 

Jitendra Singh commented Sep 16 '22, 12:14 a.m.

Not at all but trying to go through the information given above to solve my issues

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 16 '22, 2:00 a.m.

Consider that you can create a stream from a stream and that you can change the owning project area for the stream. Repository workspace are owned by users and not a project area and can flow changes to and from a stream, regardless of the owner of the stream, provided the user has access to the project area that own the stream.

Jitendra Singh commented Sep 16 '22, 2:49 a.m.

OK Let me try and if needed more details will get back here

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.