It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Two options when installing AM extension to CCM in v7+

Adam Rabčan (453) | asked Sep 22 '21, 11:14 a.m.
edited Sep 23 '21, 2:48 a.m.

Hello,

So with the new version comes the change of implementing AM capabilities into CCM and installing it as an extension.
During the installation using IBM IM at the part related to AM you are asked a question which mode of CCM you want to install... either Model Management or Model and Code Management.

If I understand this correctly if you choose first option you are installing CCM application with only features enabled for AM extension and choosing second option also enables you full CCM functionality ?

Is there any guide/post describing the features and differences of those two modes?

At 1 customer We installed CCM on one server and CCM+AM to second server. They complained about why do They have two instances of EWM installed... it is confusing.
So We said OK as you have no data yet in there We will scratch the CCM (without AM extension) to stop the confusion. But later I have thought if the CCM+AM instance was installed in the second mode (Model and Code Management) and if not - does it mean they are now lacking CCM functionalities?
Can anyone elaborate please? 

Thank you.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 23 '21, 7:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume you are installing 7.0.1 or later, since as I recall, that is when the Model Management and Model/Code Management options were introduced.

This is just a licensing option ... the underlying server is identical.   The differences are described in:

Note that you can just switch from "model" to "model/code" mode from the advanced properties page ... no need to re-install (describe in the referenced topic above).

The only reason to select "Model Management' would be if you are only working with Rhapsody, and want the cheaper license cost that comes with selecting Model Management (also described in the referenced topic above).

Later in your question, you talk about installing CCM on one server and CCM+AM on another server .. that is only relevant for pre-7.0.1 versions of ELM (where there were two kinds of servers ... a CCM server and a CCM+AM server).  Starting with 7.0.1, there is only one kind of CCM server (which supports AM operations).
Adam Rabčan selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.