It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG: is there Undo option?

vinitha dsouza (14722135) | asked Sep 07 '22, 6:04 a.m.
Dear Team,

Consider a case in DNG, i have create a DNG artifact with id generated and now i felt this is accident and artifact is empty without any meaningful content.
in the same Change set , i also have lot of artifacts which are modified and these changes i would like to keep.

How can i undo on artifact level and keep the other changes.

Some background: We are considering review object here as Active Changeset and this is really causing problems as unwanted changes (like in above case) would receive findings from reviewers as they do not know whether this is by accident or intenation and author missed to fill.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rakesh S (39113) | answered Sep 16 '22, 2:10 a.m.
Hi Vinitha,
There is already an RFE submitted for the use-case which you are looking for. We Kindly request you to go through it and vote for the same.

https://ibm-ai-apps.ideas.ibm.com/ideas/ENGRMDN-I-145\

Regards,
Rakesh S

vinitha dsouza selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Rakesh S (39113) | answered Sep 07 '22, 6:18 a.m.

Hi team,
There is no undo option in DNG to revert back to the previous state.

It is always suggested to create the changeset before delivering the same to the target stream.

The Main advantage of creating the changeset is that you can discard the changes if it is not required to deliver the changes to the stream and you can revert back to the older changes in the stream(previous version).

Also,
You can check the audit history of the affected artifact and manually change back if necessary.

There is already an RFE raised for the same. Kindly review and upvote for the same.https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=128488

Hope this helps!

Comments
Richard Hall commented Sep 07 '22, 12:00 p.m.

If a change set is used, is it possible to discard the changes for one artifact but keep the changes for other artifacts?

I think that this is possible if the artifact is changed in both the Change Set and the Stream but otherwise not.

vinitha dsouza commented Sep 15 '22, 11:33 p.m.
Hello Rakesh,
we are already activated changeset approach. In DNG , i see in production colleagues create artifacts or accidently some but later notice durinig deliver that they are accidental ./ not required but other changes which has to be retained.

doing discard will remove all changes, is there any other option which is thought of

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.