It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Export/Import or Archive/Restore Projects in ELM 7.02/ SaaS

Isabelle Cornelus (255) | asked Aug 31 '22, 5:02 p.m.

Q : How do we export/ import or archive/restore projects ?

Why : I want to move a project to another database or subscription instance ?

What : life cycle projects or standalone application projects ( ERM, EQM or EWM)

Where : ELM 7.0.2 Saas

# Similar function as DOORS Classic archive . dpa ?

2 answers

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.5k217) | answered Aug 31 '22, 8:43 p.m.
Firstly, be aware that all the IDs will change for all assets in all application types (DNG,EWM,ETM) when you move the project areas. If you need the original IDs for historical purposes then you'll need to copy them into custom attributes.

For DNG at least, you can select project areas and turn the entire thing into a Project Template - select to include everything when you do this, and then you can download the template as a zip, upload it into the new server, and create a new project area from the template. Finally delete the template afterwards. I've done this quite a few times and it works well.

I'm not sure about EWM or ETM, but if you have ELM links between project areas they will need to be re-established between the new projects

Comments
Isabelle Cornelus commented Sep 01 '22, 10:05 a.m. | edited Sep 01 '22, 10:06 a.m.

I am thinking to create an RFE so we ( IBM products users) can actually archive restore our  projects database , in one stroke , the RFE would require IBM Jazz platform  to provide this function that is needed - same function as DOORS classic missing in Jazz ELM DNG 7.0.2, and the new function must recover original IDs in a default attribute to be provided  by IBM product .  

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 01 '22, 8:12 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Adding to Davyd's answer ... Whole repositories/servers can be moved using features built into the admin tools. Moving (or backing up or restoring) project areas in their entirety cannot. The Services teams have some tools that combined with their expertise can accomplish many move/restructure scenarios.

Comments
Isabelle Cornelus commented Sep 01 '22, 10:05 a.m. | edited Sep 01 '22, 10:06 a.m.

I am thinking to create an RFE so we ( IBM products users) can actually archive restore our  projects database , in one stroke , the RFE would require IBM Jazz platform  to provide this function that is needed - same function as DOORS classic missing in Jazz ELM DNG 7.0.2, and  the new function must recover original IDs in a default attribute to be provided  by IBM product . 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.