It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking attributes between EWM and MEC

ahmed Abdelrazek (112) | asked Aug 10 '22, 1:40 a.m.
edited Aug 10 '22, 1:57 a.m.

Please, I need your help with open point related to export between MEC and EWM,

<o:p> </o:p>

I need to update attributes inside the work item of EWM example: <o:p> </o:p>

When I import template inside EWM,  the description of the work item is updated with link to the MEC website with details about the task, I want to write in other attributes as well. <o:p> </o:p>

<o:p>   </o:p> So to add more information about work item like safety related, I created attribute called Safety in MEC and I added it to the activity and I create attribute inside the work item in EWM with the same name, but I was not able to link them.

<o:p> </o:p>

As I can see the description of the item in MEC is linked to the description in the EWM, How is this link created, I want to do the same way with other attributes. <o:p> </o:p>

Is there also away to make the attribute not editable after they are written by MEC, example: after setting work product as ASIl: B, team should not be able to change this information when they work on the task <o:p> </o:p>

<o:p>   </o:p>

One answer

permanent link
Bruce Macisaac (111) | answered Aug 10 '22, 2:34 a.m.
Unfortunately there is no integration at the attribute level.
 It's a reasonable enhancement request.

Comments
ahmed Abdelrazek commented Aug 10 '22, 3:13 a.m.

Thank you very much Bruce for your reply, As work around for I was thinking about editing the generated xml from MEC before importing it to the EWM, this will require that I edit each element, but I can write a script in python to do it, do you think this could work?

Bruce Macisaac commented Aug 10 '22, 7:51 p.m.

Yes changing the exported xml with a script is a good approach.  I have frequently modified the generated xml in order to tweak the work item templates prior to import to EWM.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.