It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Lots of errorlogs about RESOURCE0.RESOURCE not available

Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | asked Dec 07 '09, 6:50 a.m.
Hi.
I see a lot of these in our jazz.log:
<pre>
2009-xx-xx xx:xx:xx,xxx ERROR ository.service.internal.RdbRepositoryDataMediator - Failing ast query
-----------
ResourceQueryModel r = ResourceQueryModel.ROOT;
AstQuery q = (AstQuery) IItemQuery.FACTORY.newInstance(r);
q.filter(r.uri()._eq(q.newStringArg()));
-----------
IDynamicQueryModel d = ItemUtil.itemTypeFor(&quot;Resource&quot;, &quot;com.ibm.team.jfs.resource&quot;).getQueryModel();
IItemQuery q = IItemQuery.FACTORY.newInstance((IDynamicItemQueryModel) d);
q.filter(((IStringField) d.getReference(&quot;uri&quot;))._eq(q.newStringArg()));
-----------
parm 1: storage/net.jazz.ajax.theming
select t1.ITEM_ID, t1.STATE_ID, t1.JZ_DISCRIMINATOR from RESOURCE0.RESOURCE t1 where (t1.URI = ?)
2009-xx-xx xx:xx:xx,xxx ERROR ository.service.internal.RdbRepositoryDataMediator - InternalRepositoryException processing query
com.ibm.team.repository.common.InternalRepositoryException: CRJAZ0368I Error executing query
stmt = select t1.ITEM_ID, t1.STATE_ID, t1.JZ_DISCRIMINATOR from RESOURCE0.RESOURCE t1 where (t1.URI = ?)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.dataaccess.FetchRows.execute(FetchRows.java:233)

Caused by:
com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.co: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-204, SQLSTATE=42704, SQLERRMC=RESOURCE0.RESOURCE, DRIVER=3.53.70
</pre>

The error code means that the table of view requested does not exist. However, everything seems to work just fine..

I didn't install the server myself, but I know it is a new installation, i.e. not an old database that's been 're-used', so I am confident that the database has not been touched by human hand.

Does anyone know what the messages mean - and how I can get rid of them?

Thanks,
/Morten

5 answers

permanent link
Chris Cawthorne (962819) | answered Dec 08 '09, 12:06 p.m.
This normally happens when you migrate a repository from RTC 2.0. to RTC 2.0.0.1 and forget to add the new tables. You probably need to stop the server and run:

repotools.sh -clean -addTables

permanent link
Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | answered Dec 08 '09, 3:10 p.m.
repotools.sh -clean -addTables

Thanks.
I was actually under the impression that it was a 2.0 installation, but the status summary page shows 2.0.0.1, so I think you may have hit the spot.

Just curious, what does the -clean option do?
I don't find it mentioned on https://jazz.net/library/content/docs/repo-migration/index.html
(and I wouldn't want to wipe anything too clean)

/Morten

permanent link
Sunil Kumar Perla (71143) | answered Feb 23 '10, 9:55 a.m.
Not sure if this step about adding tables is mentioned anywhere. We migrated from 2.0 to 2.0.0.2 and see the same error.

Any information on what tables are being added with this command as well as a pointer to some documentation that talks about steps involved in upgrading from 2.0 to later versions will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sunil

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | answered Feb 23 '10, 12:44 p.m.
This is mentioned in the 2.0.0.2 release notes except the part about the -clean option:

Must run &quot;repotools -addTables&quot; after deployment
If you are upgrading a server you must run &quot;repotools -addTables&quot; after deploying the milestone but before running the server for the first time. This operation will add new tables that are required by changes in the Reports and the Source Control components. If you fail to do this you may see errors when the server attempts to create snapshots for the data warehouse or if you attempt to use symbolic links. If you are unable to perform this operation immediately after deploying this milestone, you can still perform the operation later without compromising the integrity of any component metadata. NOTE: If you performed this operation as it was required for 2.0.0.2 RC1, do you not have to repeat the operation if you are upgrading from 2.0.0.2 RC1 or RC2.

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Mar 12 '10, 2:11 p.m.
We ran into a similar issue when we upgraded from RTC Client for Visual Studio v2.0.0.1 (and v2.0) last week. The &quot;repotools -addTables&quot; command did not help us. We ended up working with IBM Rational RTC Support and found out that some Visual Studio web configuration files had been updated (maybe because of some .NET Framework and/or Windows Updates). You will want to look at defect 107836 for how we resolved the issue we had.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.