It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Validating whether the user exists in RTC

Rajagopal Subhash (1226) | asked Jul 16 '15, 10:42 a.m.
Hello,
              I have user name and Email Address.
1).  Is there any possibility to validate whether the particular user has an account in RTC??
2).  There is a possibility of fetching contributorHandle based on the user id . Is there any way to fetch the same based on the user name or Email Address??
            Thanks in advance!!            

Regards,
Rajagopal

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jul 16 '15, 1:38 p.m.
See the Java Doc for IContributorManager class.  There is a fetchContributorByUserId method.  Otherwise you might have to fetch all the contributors and filter against what you have.
Rajagopal Subhash selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rajagopal Subhash commented Jul 17 '15, 1:14 a.m.

Thanks for the reply!!
The problem is I will not get UserId everytime, I have only username and email Id.
I am using
teamRepository.contributorManager().fetchAllContributors() method and then validating based on User name and email Address.
I suppose thats the only way we can validate the user

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 17 '15, 3:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Instead of creating an extension you could have used the repotools command to export the users and then searched in that file as described here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/changing-the-jazz-user-id-using-the-rtc-plain-java-client-libraries/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.