It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Copy Artifacts Between Two Different Servers

Abe Hudson (112) | asked May 11 '22, 4:38 p.m.
I've read this article:

But the "Paste As Link" option isn't active in the target project. I have confirmed everything is set according to the article except:
  • "If you use global configurations, ensure that you are using a global configuration that has contributions from both projects."

Both project user global configuration, but I'm not sure what a contribution from both projects means. Has anyone had any luck with this? Both environments are 6.0.6.1.

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered May 12 '22, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 12 '22, 4:06 a.m.
Re: "global configuration that has contributions from both projects"
This means that there the global configuration has [recursive] contributions that include DN streams from both DN project areas. The contributions of a global configuration can be thought of as their children. The term contribution comes directly from the OSLC Configuration Management specification. For example, consider the following GC hierarchy:
    GC1
        GC2
            DNStream1
            DNStream2
        GC3
            DNStream3

The immediate contributions to GC1 are {GC2, GC3}. The recursive contributions to GC1 are {GC2, DNStream1, DNStream2, GC3, DNStream3}.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.