It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue Linking existing requirements in DNG using Excel Importer in RQM/ETM

Abhishek Kumar (1317) | asked Apr 29 '22, 2:43 a.m.

Hi,

I am trying to import test cases from excel which also have the ID for requirements in DNG. Test cases are getting imported successfully, but the Requirements are not getting linked. The version I am using is 7.0.2. The project association is in place between the RQM and DNG so, no issue with that. Also manually I am able to link test case to requirements. The version of the Excel Importer is also same as the server version. 

I am getting the error like  Requirement matching '586856' not found, link could not be created
When I looked into the log, I found the following error in the log :
4/29/2022 11:54:00 AM: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: Exception : Could not retrieve requirement query service URL for - https://<Server_Name>/rm/oslc_rm/_6h4-EK_YEey7q5RkyHfkfQ/services.xml - could not get all requirement from project https://<Server_Name>/rm/oslc_rm/_6h4-EK_YEey7q5RkyHfkfQ/services.xml

Also, I cannot see the requirements if I check the Link to Existing Requirement option, after validating the credentials for the DNG server, I cannot see any requirement present

Can anyone quickly suggest and help to resolve this issue

Thanks

For other server when I tried, I was able to successfully link test case to existing RM requirement

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 29 '22, 3:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would check if you have the required access and permissions in the project area. I would also check if the project areas you talk about are different with respect to configuration management enabled.

If you can not access the requirements you want to link to, you can not successfully import links. If you can not find and open the requirement in the first place, fix that first.

Also, it is necessary to have the provider/consumer relationships available between the project areas to be even able to create links as far as I know.

Abhishek Kumar commented Apr 29 '22, 3:41 a.m.

Hi @Ralph

Thank you for you quick reply.
I have checked the permission for XML import in RQM, it is ok, not sure whether any specific permission is required from DNG side.
I am able to link the test case to requirements manually through UI, the association of Provider/Consumer between both the projects is present.
There are many test cases which are present and linked with the requirements already, I am trying to import new set of test cases now and link with the existing requirements. 
Can you please specify if there is any specific permission required from DNG side?

Thanks 

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 29 '22, 6:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not a DNG superuser, quite the opposite. My assumption would be, that only ETM knows it is an import and as long you have the general permission to create the links manually, your import should be able to. Otherwise search the permissions for import or something.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.