It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When following a link I end up somewhere else because links push the artifacts around.

R J (132) | asked Apr 28 '22, 4:10 a.m.

Hey everyone,

whenever I follow a link I initially end up where I intend to be. The problem however is after I've been sent to the right place the artifact links, which I want to display as well, start building up. 
Having a Module of considerable size with many links, this regularly places me multiple pages away from where I originally wanted to go.

My two workarounds:
1) Remembering the artifact numbers + CTRL + F.
2) Following the link and during the time window between the artifact showing up and the links being generated franatically clicking the artifact I want to view in order to enter the edit mode before the links push the artifact away to some other place. With some arrow button navigation in the edit field I can find my artifact again.

Is there a better way to follow a link to another module and actually staying on the artifact whose link you tried to follow?

Greetings

Raphael

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Apr 28 '22, 7:09 a.m. | edited Apr 28 '22, 7:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What version and iFix are you using?

It sounds from your description that populating a link column with many links is changing the screen layout (as they're found) to accommodate all the links - maybe you can make the default view not display the link column? This will also reduce load on the server because it won't have to retrieve all the links.

But the target artifact should stay selected if you don't click - isn't that happening?

R J commented Apr 29 '22, 2:15 a.m. | edited Apr 29 '22, 2:26 a.m.
Hello Ian,
when following a link the linked artifact at the other side is not selected. While it is initially highlighted in some red-ish tone, the marking vanishes as the links populate the module. If it was selected, I'd be able to navigate using arrow buttons.
I have also thought about removing the link columns in the target module, but doing so only fights the symptoms of a very obscure problem that should not exist in the first place. I hope there is a better solution.
Version: 7.0.1 Fix016 + DPR 101498v1
Yours sincerely
Raphael

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.