It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export OLEs from DOORS module when publishing to HTML format using Publishing (RPE)

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Mar 16 '22, 5:59 p.m.

I need to publish data from DOORS 9.7 to HTML format and I am using Publishing (RPE) version 7.0.2. The catch is that the DOORS modules have OLE objects in them and I absolutely need the consumer of the HTML output to be able to access the OLE objects. Publishing will only export a thumbnail of each OLE object when the target output is HTML.

The approach I have developed so far is to have Publishing generate a Word document which then executes a Word VBA macro that establishes hyperlinks to the OLE objects in the /ref/ folder (this folder is produced automatically by Publishing), and then saves the .docm file generated by Publishing as an HTML file. This all works fine except that all the hyperlinks [to the OLE objects] produced by Word are absolute, which makes the output package non-portable. Note that the reason I go to the Word intermediate format is because Publishing will not export the OLE objects (the /ref/ folder) when the target output format is only HTML.

Question 1: Is there a way within a Publishing template to get a handle on what the OLE object file names are going to be in the /ref/ folder at runtime?

ref folder

Question 2: Is there a way to force Publishing to generate a /ref/ folder with OLE objects in it when the target output format is HTML?

Question 3: Is there a better overall approach to solving this problem?

Thanks!

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.