It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot start jazz team server

Jundong Chen (195) | asked Jan 20 '22, 12:46 p.m.

I installed the server with CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.7, but could not start the server. The console shows INFO: Server startup in 51200 ms, but it never starts. I checked the error log and found the following error mesages:

INFO: Deploying web application archive C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\webapps\converter.war
[Fatal Error] :6:3: The element type "hr" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</hr>".
log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.rmPerfLog
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "rmPerfLog".
Jan 20, 2022 10:41:16 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\webapps\jts.war
[Fatal Error] :6:3: The element type "hr" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</hr>".

Please, anyone can help me? Thank you very much.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 21 '22, 2:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 21 '22, 2:20 a.m.

The following procedure should help.

1. Uninstall the server installed into Program Files, delete the remaining files and folders 
  2. Download a current and supported version of ELM. Current version is 7.0.2, supported are 6 and 7
  3. In any case do NOT install into Program Files, install into a folder such as \ELM\7.0.2
  4. Run the server
Program Files is protected by windows and it prevents creation of files and folders. You have to explicitly run a shell "as Administrator" to give it enough rights to start a Jazz Server. I do not know how the stupid default comes into play, it is likely a Windows thing. This is true for all versions of ELM. 

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jundong Chen commented Jan 21 '22, 1:41 p.m. | edited Jan 21 '22, 2:06 p.m.

Thank you for your answer. It helps a lot. I have the jazz team server working by following your advice. Thank you very much.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.