It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Referencing a global configuration "attribute" in a local application's stream/artifact?

Glyn Costello (13838) | asked Oct 11 '21, 10:21 a.m.
In Global Configuration, there is the option to assign attributes to a stream or component. I can imagine this as a good way of managing high level parameters of a configurable product... for example:

if a "generator" component has a stream "configuration 1" and the attribute "Rated Speed": 1800 rpm
Could I call this up and display it inside an RM local configuration's artifact (requirement) which contributes to this stream? Sort of top-down configuration of components.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Thomas Kirstätter (181619) | answered Oct 11 '21, 10:42 a.m.
edited Oct 11 '21, 11:01 a.m.
Hi,
this is currently not possible.
I did discuss this with some IBM people several years ago and it was at least seen as a possible future enhancement, but nothing like this is possible right now.

Only option I can imagine is to build an extension e.g. a social gadget that collects such attributes from the currently activ GC and displays them somehow in context in DNG. But I think even there you either need to do some rather crude manipulation of the DOM of the web page rendered or accept that an inline display is not possible...
Glyn Costello selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Oct 11 '21, 12:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Currently, local configuration management in DN and ETM does not support tags or custom attributes. I am not aware of any plans to provide such a capability in a specific release. Feel free to submit an RFE on the IBM RFE Community and/or reach out to IBM Product Offering Management.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.