It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Backlink correction in EWM

vinitha dsouza (14723136) | asked Aug 22 '23, 5:04 a.m.

Dear Team,

some background:\
our workitem model : Release-> tracks-> Features ( one or many)

for this we have developed plugin for usability reasons so that in overview screen he can do such links rather than navigating to links section and select the right link type so on and so forth.

but this plugin  had some problems and which was overlooked and after productive usage , we realised backlinks are not being established when used with plugin.

i.e Features have link to Release but from Release there is backlink which is missing.

as there is lot of amount of data already in prod environment, now we would like to correct this. i would require guidance how to handle this ?

what i tried :
manual approach:
went to release workitem , added missing release and this works (doing removal , gets other side also removed)
Import workitems approach csv:
but there is no example on how to handle where we have already some existing links,because above document for fresh establish is okay. but if already have some entries doing so will remove everything.

Any ideas,how to programmatically fix it or any other mechanism other than manual way.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 22 '23, 5:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To create and store backlinks, there is, as far as I am aware, a special additional save parameter. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/creating-clm-links-with-back-link/ . It should be possible to provide the same parameter in the server API.

To fix it, I would consider trying to detect the lack of the backlink and then remove and readd the link. You could iterate all work items and get the links fixed. This would require some experimentation, of course. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 22 '23, 5:40 a.m.

For fixing the work items using the client api you could dig here: https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line 

To fix the plugin, I would consider to add the create back links additional save parameter and then check if that worked.

Maybe updating the references using that link would fix this. I do not know. You can work in it yourself. If you need more support I would consider finding out the details a service engagement, 

vinitha dsouza commented Aug 22 '23, 5:52 a.m.

Plugin has been fixed already.

now we would like correct the data which doesnt have backlinks. there can you provide some hints

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 22 '23, 6:16 a.m.

Read answers.

Plain Java  Client Libraries. 

Iterate the work items. 
Check link is broken, delete and recreate link with backlink.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.