It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can not create test execution record

Ji Yu (81117) | asked Dec 01 '09, 3:05 a.m.
I can not create test execution record in my RQM.
When i click "save" below error pops up:
com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.web.rest.dto.impl.ExecutionWorkItemDTOImpl (initialization failure)

Anyone can help me? Thank you very much in advance!

4 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Dec 02 '09, 10:59 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
I have seen a DTO initialization error before in another area that was incredibly sporadic and was resolved by a server restart. It turned out to be a random classloader sequencing issue that has since been fixed. If the same problem has cropped up in another area, then it will likely go away with a restart of the server.

Also, it might be worth refreshing (clearing) your browser cache, especially if you have recently done an update.

Please report back with how things work out, especially if the server restart makes the issue go away.

Thanks,
John

I can not create test execution record in my RQM.
When i click "save" below error pops up:
com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.web.rest.dto.impl.ExecutionWorkItemDTOImpl (initialization failure)

Anyone can help me? Thank you very much in advance!

permanent link
Ji Yu (81117) | answered Dec 07 '09, 4:35 a.m.
Hi John:

Thank you very much for your reply.

The issue was still there after we restarted the server. Actually for this RQM server, we simply copied the installed image from another RQM server to this machine. Perhaps this caused the problem.

After reinstalled RQM on this machine, it works fine.

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Dec 07 '09, 4:23 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Glad you're up and running!
There are various caches used in the running product so copying an install is not recommended or supported.
Regards,
John

Hi John:

Thank you very much for your reply.

The issue was still there after we restarted the server. Actually for this RQM server, we simply copied the installed image from another RQM server to this machine. Perhaps this caused the problem.

After reinstalled RQM on this machine, it works fine.

permanent link
Ji Yu (81117) | answered Dec 08 '09, 2:58 a.m.
Hi John:

I see. Thank you very much for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.