It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where can I find overview of artifacts/datamodel in RQM 3.0?

Gabriel Jonsson (10644) | asked Jan 18 '11, 7:40 a.m.
I'm searching for an overview of all artifacts that exists or will exist in the RQM 3.0 release.

Specifically we currently have requirements in Reqpro, alongside with test cases that we manage in a few other tools, and we are exploring the possibility to migrate everything over to the future RQM 3.0 release. If I understand it correctly it's the RRC application that is ment to be integrated into RQM 3, so I guess it is there we will aim to migrade our requirements.
To se if this will be a feasible solution I need some information primarliy about what artifacts will exist in RQM/RRC 3 and secondarily how these artifacts can be manipulated through REST.

The problem is that almost all such informatione I can find on internet is specific for RQM 2 (I've looked at the RQM wiki and IBM infocenter, as well as googled for RQM3). I did find some help on how to use the new REST API in RQM 3, but it did not help me completely as I'm still unsure of the exact list of artifacts I can use these calls on.
As we haven't used RQM at all in production it seems like a good idea to us to skip the version 2, and go directly to 3. Or what do you think?

I'd appreciate some pointers or links to a good uptodate webpage with more info. Thansk in advance!

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 20 '11, 7:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm searching for an overview of all artifacts that exists or will exist in the RQM 3.0 release.

Specifically we currently have requirements in Reqpro, alongside with test cases that we manage in a few other tools, and we are exploring the possibility to migrate everything over to the future RQM 3.0 release. If I understand it correctly it's the RRC application that is ment to be integrated into RQM 3, so I guess it is there we will aim to migrade our requirements.
To se if this will be a feasible solution I need some information primarliy about what artifacts will exist in RQM/RRC 3 and secondarily how these artifacts can be manipulated through REST.

The problem is that almost all such informatione I can find on internet is specific for RQM 2 (I've looked at the RQM wiki and IBM infocenter, as well as googled for RQM3). I did find some help on how to use the new REST API in RQM 3, but it did not help me completely as I'm still unsure of the exact list of artifacts I can use these calls on.
As we haven't used RQM at all in production it seems like a good idea to us to skip the version 2, and go directly to 3. Or what do you think?

I'd appreciate some pointers or links to a good uptodate webpage with more info. Thansk in advance!

Please see:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi

and

http://jazz.net/projects/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-2.0/ (linked from above)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.