It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Have we introduced a feature to allow you to hide a work item attribute based on another attribute in RTC

Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | asked Aug 11 '21, 2:54 p.m.
edited Aug 11 '21, 2:56 p.m.
Really need to be able to say hide field if X is true

The condition would be if field A = ABC then field(s) xy & z are hidden from view.

Alternative to above would be hide section when condition is true

I have a work item that is used to cover off a number of end user requests e.g add user, remove user, delete artifact
Each have a seperate section for the details that are required
Currently set to use a condition to make the fields in those sections read only when X is true which works as expected, but it would be really nice to either be able to hide the section as a whole or consolidate all the fields and merely hide the fields not applicable to X when the condition is true

Was it put in 7.0x ?  if at all

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Aug 12 '21, 3:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have seen several requests like this over the years. As far as I can tell, which settings for hiding are available can be found in the attribute presentation configuration. The options you find there are it. As far as I can tell, there is no other mechanism available, especially not for hiding based on attribute values or condition. 

You can hide tabs based based on some condition. Not sure what that was an if it could be used here.

permanent link
Stefan Oblinger (185213) | answered Aug 12 '21, 3:18 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.