It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you verify that an application is connected to the database?

Roderick Jeter (115) | asked Dec 28 '21, 6:27 a.m.

Verifying that an application is connected to the database

• CRJAZ2654E - the database connections are invalid or because the database is unreachable .
  • CRJAZ0503E - the server was unable to connect to the database

2 answers

permanent link
Bhagath P B (3888) | answered Dec 28 '21, 7:35 a.m.
If you can access the application and Navigate to https://<hostname>:<port>/jts/admin > server > Database Connection. Validate the Database Details and click Save 
This should get saved without any errors

permanent link
sreenath v (7863) | answered Dec 29 '21, 2:24 a.m.

Hi,

if you getting above error code, if its ibm db2 database please login to db2administrator window try connecting

db2 connect to JTS

if you getting database details then database is working fine. if not the database got some issue.

Case 1:

db2 connect to JTS is success then please check database hostname, port you provided correctly. if db2 database is in  other server check its getting ping correctly.

if all above working the stop application and start again. Always while starting application first should be db2 and then application server.

case 2:

db2 connect to jts fails.

you have check with db2 administrator for this.

Comments
Roderick Jeter commented Dec 29 '21, 7:26 a.m. | edited Dec 29 '21, 7:31 a.m.

I verified that the database is connected to jts. Do I take the same approach if its another application other then jts?

sreenath v commented Dec 29 '21, 8:34 a.m.

yes you can try that. 

If db2 is in second server please try ping with provided hostname in database connection setting , check 50000 (default) is open .

let me know the sequence in which you started the server. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.