It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using DNG with Datahub

Jessica Collyer (467) | asked Aug 02 '21, 12:22 p.m.

Hello --

My team and I recently downloaded Datahub 19.0 SP4. We wanted to use Datahub to connect CAMEO and IBM DNG.  We are using CAMEO Systems Modeler 19.0 and am wanting to use it with DNG 6.0.3. How do we connect these softwares? Is there a webpage I can go to for instructions on how to connect these? <o:p> </o:p>

Thank you!

Jessica

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Aug 02 '21, 1:27 p.m.

Jessica,

I suggest starting with NoMagic documentation which is quite good.

Jessica Collyer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 06 '21, 11:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you tried the NoMagic OSLC integration when configuration management is enabled for the DNG project area?   

Bartosz Chrabski commented Aug 07 '21, 9:13 a.m.

Yes, I did. Until You have a single stream in the project it work well. Problems starts when you have multiple streams. 

3 other answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 02 '21, 12:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The answer depends completely on what you mean by "connect".  In general, integrations with DNG are best done by linking via an OSLC Connector (since OSLC is a standard, and DNG both provides and consumes OSLC services).

Comments
Jessica Collyer commented Aug 02 '21, 12:38 p.m.

We would like to be able to have a "connection" so we can link MBSE models found within CAMEO to artifacts in DNG. Do you know of any documentation about the OSLC connector? We are new to both softwares and are lost as to how to get these pieces working together. 

permanent link
james wetzel (9712) | answered Aug 02 '21, 1:12 p.m.

The OLSC connection DataHub uses is controlled by Cameo. The DataHub User Guide has instructions for creating connections to multiple applications, including DNG, as well as the all important establishing links between Cameo and DNG.  It should be sufficient.  When we've needed additional help, the NoMagic support team was able to provide it.

permanent link
Jessica Collyer (467) | answered Aug 02 '21, 1:39 p.m.

Thank you all! I appreciate the help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.