It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create association between DNG and another ALM or PLM applicaion

Vaibhav S (106348) | asked Jul 01 '21, 8:43 a.m.

Hello all,

I wanted to know if there is any generic approach to follow to Create association between DNG and another ALM or PLM application, may be Team center, Aras or such others.

Any server level file changes we can do which can expose some entry points for the application.

This is my first attempt on this front, so please excuse if any errors.

Thanks
Vaibhav

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 01 '21, 10:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no one size fits all answer to this question. Even what 'Integration' means in this context is up to debate.

The Jazz Products provide OSLC Consumers and Providers. You could implement OSCL Providers and Contributors for the applications that are supposed to be integrated.

Eclipse Lyo and the Lyo Designer https://github.com/eclipse/lyo.designer could be used. Please note that this is not trivial and has a high skill cap.

We have partners that could help with building such integrations based on their frameworks for OSLC and Jazz Integration. 

All the products on your list, and more, have come up as candidates for potential or prototype integrations. The question usually remains to be: Who pays for these integrations, who maintains them and what are the primary goals and use cases to implement. The latter is probably the hardest part, because 3 people will have 30 opinions. 
Vaibhav S selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 01 '21, 10:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think it is important to note that the goal of OSLC  has always been to make it possible to link business objects and artifacts across multiple domains to allow easier integrations.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.