It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get status of EWM workflow items from other project area?

Peter Mathes (132) | asked Jun 23 '21, 7:23 a.m.
edited Jun 23 '21, 7:38 a.m.

Hello all,

in my dashboard in project area A I want to visualize the status of individual EWM items of some other project area B.
Is this possible? How can I do that?
Thanks a lot!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 01 '21, 10:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 02 '21, 4:19 a.m.

Peter, dashboards are not limited to one application or project area. You can add any widget you want and configure the widget for the application/project area you want. E.g. you can configure a widget for work item queries in another project area. Or you could run a requirements view in a dashboard on CCM or JTS.

Just create a dashboard, select add widget, select the application for the widget, select the widget and add it. Then configure the widget. Select the project area and whatever it requires.

To get the status, configure a Work Items widget with a query and select the status as additional icon.

Peter Mathes selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Peter Mathes commented Jul 02 '21, 5:34 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, this is the key:

I have to cross PA boundaries not within a query (which is not possible as queries can  only access items of the same Project Area)
I rather have to cross PA boundaries within the widget of my dashboard:

Step 1) I have to create the query in PA B that lists all the items I am interested in.
Step 2) I configure that very query of PA B in the widget of my dashboard in PA A.
Result: I can see the workflow items of PA B in my dashboard in PA A.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 02 '21, 6:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Correct.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.