It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Add + sign button in workitem, if we click on +sign button, one attribute should be added in workitem automatically using Server Side Plugin.

Pavan M (393) | asked May 03 '21, 2:15 a.m.
Hi,

I need to Add + sign button in workitem, if we click on +sign button, one attribute should be added in workitem automatically, is this possible with server side plugin or any other possible way. Kindly provide me the suggestions to do this. Thanks in advance.

Thank you,
Regards,
Pavan m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 03 '21, 4:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Your question is insufficiently detailed to be answered. It is also frowned upon to paste the question body into the question subject.

I have already answered with suggestions to look at, if you want to add actions or custom attribute presentations.

In general I think you should not try or do this at all, because it breaks the UI flows.
It is, as far as I can tell impossible to add/define a new attribute to a work item, with any public API.
If the attribute is defined for the work item type and you only want to add/set the attribute value, you can use IWorkitem.hasCustomAttribute() ,IWorkitem.addCustomAttribute(), IWorkitem.setValue().

This is possible in all APIS. Use com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IWorkItemCommon, where possible, Use
com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer on the server to save the work item.

Pavan M selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.