It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Limiting Current Iteration results to one timeline

Ali Amini (121) | asked Nov 23 '09, 12:49 p.m.
edited Jan 23 '13, 2:55 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
In my project we have multiple timelines. Each for different deliverables each managed by different project mngrs. When I am creating queries (such as impediments) and selecting "Current Iteration" checkbox, I want the results to be limited to only one timeline. Currently it returns current iteration for all the timelines.

Alternatively I can select current iteration at each iteration. But I can not benefit from "Current Iteration" checkbox.
I have similar problem with reports such as Burndown.

What do you suggest?

Ali Amini . IBM WebSphere Commerce

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Sims (31513421) | answered Dec 02 '09, 2:48 p.m.
I'm interested in knowing the answer to this question too.

When we have more than one active timeline (say one for development, another for maintenance), is it really necessary to explicity specify the iteration and team for each report we want to display on a dashboard, and to update each set of report parameters by moving the iteration along as the release progresses?

For some reason we can't figure out how to differentiate between one timeline's results and the other's. The results for all active timelines seem to be combined when we select "Current Iteration" for what to display, even when we choose only one timeline.

Paul Sims, Agile Development Coach
IBM WebSphere Commerce

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Dec 04 '09, 8:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
Currently is is not possible to add a timeline-condition. However what you can try is:
- add one condition for Planned For where you select 'Current Iteration' (and as condition 'is')
- add another condition for Planned For where you select the top-level iteration of the desired timeline and set the condition 'is part of'.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Comments
Kor Meelker commented Jan 23 '13, 7:57 a.m.

I'm working with 4.0.1 and see that  the problem still exists. Our burndown chart is selecting 2 iterations from 2 different timelines when selecting current iteration. 

And it is impossible to select a timeline in the query. 
When will this be solved?

Regards
Kor Meelker, Agile Coach
Synobsys 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.