It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM connection to local installed RTC server

Christian Sommerfeld (26) | asked Mar 22 '21, 8:45 a.m.
Hi,
I'm tryting to establish a repository connection from Eclipse to a local installed RTC server but it does not work. On client side the error message in the log file is the following:

ENTRY com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui 4 0 2021-03-22 13:40:28.012
!MESSAGE Exception running 'Initializing Component Configurations'
!STACK 0
java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ0109I Communications error.
    at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.rte(RemoteTeamService.java:842)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.getAppropriateException(RemoteTeamService.java:758)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:572)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:202)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy32.getAllConfigurations(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:254)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:110)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy32.getAllConfigurations(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.client.internal.ComponentConfigurationClient.fetchConfigurations(ComponentConfigurationClient.java:73)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.client.internal.ComponentConfigurationClient.initialize(ComponentConfigurationClient.java:45)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.WorkItemRCPUIPlugin$1$1.runProtected(WorkItemRCPUIPlugin.java:197)
    at com.ibm.team.foundation.client.util.FoundationJob.run(FoundationJob.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.ServiceNotAvailableException: CRJAZ0106E The server is temporarily unavailable. The request for the following URL was denied: /ccm/service/com.ibm.team.rtc.common.configuration.IComponentConfigurationService.
    at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamServer.executeMethod(RemoteTeamServer.java:1374)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamServer.executeMethod(RemoteTeamServer.java:1221)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeCancelableHttpMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:659)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invokePost(RemoteTeamService.java:604)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:547)
    ... 15 more

On the UI it show the following:

On server side there is no error message.

As I can't find any information for the above mentioned error can you please help me solving this problem?

The server was simply installed by extracting this ZIP file, running the startup and proceeding the express installation:
JTS-CCM-keys-Win64_6.0.6.1.zip

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 22 '21, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I do this all the time and it works for me. For example the extensions workshop https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 uses this. The image is not visible - use Chrome. The information is not enough to do anything. 

permanent link
Christian Sommerfeld (26) | answered Mar 22 '21, 9:50 a.m.

The error message is the screenshot is the following:
CRJAZ0106E The server is temporarily unavailable. The request for the following URL was denied: /ccm/versionCompatibility?clientVersion=6.0.6.1

What information do you expect to help me with this problem? I don't have more information than the ones RTC provides in the error logs.

My problem is that the log file prints a different error ID than the error ID shown in the client itself:
CRJAZ0106E vs. CRJAZ0109I

So my first question would be what exactly is the cause (based on the code) for this error IDs? I manually called the URLs in a web browser and this works.

Thanks!

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 22 '21, 11:46 a.m.

Christian,

Others have reported seeing something like this. For example see here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/273938/id-crrrw7556e-the-application-cannot-connect-to-the-server

The error messages you describe above are deep in the login code for the Eclipse client in the RTC Client SDK. 

The RTC Eclipse client tries to check for client to server compatibility, before the login. It sends its version and should get the following back, if it is compatible to the server: {"compatible":true,"isJTS":false} 

That even this basic communication fails means something is very broken. You can try it in the browser. 

I can not say why this is. Malware protection issues? Memory, CPU too small. I simply do not know. As started in the other question, I run 6.0.6x and 7.0.x locally on my laptop and have never seen this - unless something was broken.

A colleague hinted today he has seen some similar issues on hos mack over the weekend. 7.0.2. I have no idea what that could be.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 22 '21, 11:48 a.m. | edited Mar 22 '21, 11:53 a.m.

If it works in the browser but not in the Eclipse client, I would check the Eclipse log (in the .metadata folder in the Eclipse workspace) I would also check the repository connection. Maybe recreate it?  I don't have any idea why the eclipse client would be unable to talk to the server but the browser could. Funny SSL/network settings in Eclipse? Rejected the self signed certificate?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.