It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE Document Builder configuration for integrating with DOORS

Silvio Ronchi (131) | asked Feb 09 '21, 12:01 p.m.

I have an installation of ELM 7.0.2 and Document Builder 7.0.2, on different linux machines.

Document builder works fine with ELM products, but now i would like to use Document builder to run document generation from DOORS, which is installed on other machines (Windows).
I tried configuring reports to generate documents with DOORS as datasource, but they always fail.
I think because, even if the path to DOORS executable is specified, Document builder doesn't know where to run the doors session, on which machine.
Is there anybody who have a similar installation and can let me know if such a configuration may work?
I tried to search into the web but found nothing.
Thanks a lot for help.
Best regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Feb 09 '21, 12:53 p.m.
Hi Silvio,
You should have DOORS client installed on the server where Document Builder (DGaaS) is deployed to run document generation from DOORS. I am afraid it will not work in your case.
Silvio Ronchi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Silvio Ronchi commented Feb 09 '21, 2:26 p.m.
Hi Subramanya,
thus in order to use Document Builder with DOORS, the only option is to have Document Builder installed on a Windows Server machine. Is that right?
Thanks a lot for help.
Cheers

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.