It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Merging the table cells

sreenath v (7863) | asked Apr 19 '20, 2:14 a.m.

how can achieve like this reporting in RPE .As i am trying to take traceability report where one artifact have multiple requirement links and its should print in the attached image way.

id     Req           Id     satisfied by
1       2               101   link1
                           102    link2 

where 101 , link 1 and 102 link2 should be separated by lines. 

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Apr 19 '20, 9:29 a.m.

You can use nested table. The inner table's row should have the query to print 101 link 1 and 102 link2. Set the border property for inner table's cell as per your requirement.

Comments
sreenath v commented Apr 19 '20, 12:56 p.m.

I have tried that but it looks not as much good as a word report. But here in id column one table and trace requirement one more table what you meant!!!. Because i want id and satisfied by in separate column of main table.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Apr 19 '20, 1:33 p.m.

When you use nested tables, you should set some properties (Cell spacing for table, Cell text padding for cells, border properties, etc.) so as to make it look like main table. You can also use Paragraph instead of inner table. You just need to try out some combinations / trial and error method.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.