It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to take RTC "Reported Against Builds" links in RPE

sreenath v (78167) | asked Apr 21 '20, 10:30 a.m.
edited Apr 21 '20, 10:34 a.m.
Hi,

I have created a Build and associated with RTC workitem.  Now in RPE report i want to get the build details.Is there any way to get it. The Reported Against Builds link is available in RPE?

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Apr 22 '20, 12:57 a.m.

So what are you trying to get in the document? All workitems included in a particular build?

sreenath v commented Apr 22 '20, 1:02 a.m.
I have created a build workitem and associated with the build which is completed. So that i can see a link called as "reported against build" in my workitem.
Now i want to create a report of workitem summary and the id of build which linked to the wokitem link.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Apr 22 '20, 1:08 a.m.

Is "reported against build" link added automatically? Or you set it while creating (or updating) the workitem?

sreenath v commented Apr 22 '20, 1:29 a.m.

When i associate from client it is added. Same like associating change set 

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Apr 22 '20, 2:13 a.m.

I dont think you can get workitem details from build resource.

Comments
sreenath v commented Apr 22 '20, 2:16 a.m.

I have done a workaround like added build datasource and generated by using external variable. But i want to flow from workitem to build link. So if a link is present in workitem why rpe cannt get that link uri atleast!? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.