It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Querying an item in the context of a Global Configuration

Ana-Maria Rosu (388) | asked Jan 21 '21, 6:25 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am trying to query a Test Plan and get the links to some Change Requests that I previously linked to that Test Plan.
Even though I can see these links in the Web Jazz app, when I run the query they are not visible. 

I saw that in the web app these links are visible in the context of a Global Configuration so I've tried to add a configuration context to my query.
I have tried using both the Configiuration-Context header and the oslc_config.context parameter, but the query returns the exact same response as when I'm not using any configuration context.

I have tried the same with a Requirement (to get the links to some Change Requests that I previously linked to that Requirement) and both methods work, and the links are visible.. 

Do you have any idea what might be the problem? Because I don't understand why is working with RM items but not with QM items.

Thank you,
Ana

Comments
Ana-Maria Rosu commented Jan 27 '21, 4:42 a.m.

More specifications:

This query that I am trying to make is a HTTP query using OSLC Standard. I am trying to run the query using Postman and after making it work I intend to integrate it in a Java program.

So in the HTTP query response I am not able to see the links to my Change Requests even though in the Jazz GUI they are visible.

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jan 22 '21, 4:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You could create and run a report in Report Builder scoped to that GC using the Lifecycle Query Engine Scoped to a Configuration data source.

Comments
Ana-Maria Rosu commented Jan 27 '21, 4:42 a.m.

Hello David, thanks for your response. I think I was not specific enough but I am trying to do this query in the context of OSLC Standard using Postman, so it's a HTTP query, so I don't think Report Builder helps in this case. I also added an comment to my question with more details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.