It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clearing formatting on multiple artifacts on RM

Lita Gribben (112) | asked Dec 23 '20, 7:34 p.m.

We noticed that when exporting some JRS reports to excel, there were some artifacts that had some formatting tags on the spreadsheet (something like "<span style="-webkit-text-stroke-width:0px; color:#000000; display:inline !important; etc etc etc"). This seems to be due to some rich text formatting that snuck into some artifacts, probably during previous edit work done by the team. Is there a good way to clear this formatting besides a roundtrip export/import using CSV?

Any advice will be much appreciated!

2 answers

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12649) | answered Dec 23 '20, 7:42 p.m.

Hi Lita,

When You edit requirement there is an option to remove styling but You need to do it one by one.

I solved the same prolem by developing custom code (widget) that is cleaning style sections. You can ask Java developers to do the same but there is not other solution to fix it.

Hope it will help. If you have more questions let me know bart.chrabski@reqpro.com

permanent link
Richard Hall (107211) | answered Dec 23 '20, 8:24 p.m.

I had some success doing a ReqIf export, unzipping, editing the file to remove the  unwanted styling in a text editor (Notepad++) zipping back up again and then reimporting.

But I found that sometimes on import attribute values got corrupted.  IBM insist this can't happen even after I demonstrated it to them via a remote desktop session.  But since they can't reproduce it they basically say that they can't do anything about the bug.

If you try this method, do it in a Change Set and make sure that you have no unexpected changes

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.