It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need a DNG View with Requirement Text for Linked Artifacts (Parent and Child)

Patricia Thompson (131) | asked Nov 10 '20, 6:09 p.m.

I am looking for a way to create a View which will display the Requirement Text for the current, parent, and child artifacts. I would like to be able to export this into a .csv or .xlsx file for use outside DOORS Next. Can anyone help? Would this require a custom widget? I do not currently have the Report Builder installed but hope to get that at some point.
Jazz Team Server 6.06

Thank you

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Nov 11 '20, 7:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

From your comment it seems you understand that this would be dead-simple if you had Report Builder installed.

You can create a view that shows upstream and downstream links, then export that view.

Comments
Daniel Moul commented Nov 11 '20, 7:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Clarification: "You can create a view in DOORS Next..."

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.1k613) | answered Nov 11 '20, 8:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Patricia

Yes Report Builder is a good way to produce this sort of report - and you can export to Excel, PDF or Word. Once you've created the report you can share it, and you can also automate export of your report on a schedule so, perhaps, there's a spreadsheet file automatically produced every evening or Sunday for use the following day.

HTH
Ian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.