It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to solve certificate expired warning while accessing DOORS NG

Aljo George (116) | asked Nov 10 '20, 8:47 a.m.

All of the DOORS NG users are getting the certificate expired message while accessing the DOORS NG.

I have installed the newly generated certificate and have also did port binding for 9443 and 9643. Contacted IBM support (TS004018172) with no luck. Has anybody solved this by using the certificate issued by the company CA? Our initial certificate was applied by the IBM folks as a part of the implementation.
Thank you,
Aljo George

2 answers

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12749) | answered Nov 10 '20, 10:30 a.m.
Aljo,

If I understand You correctly just remove existing (expired) certificate and replace it with the new one.

It should not be a lot of work for some one with deployment experience.

if You want to share more details You can send me an email: bart.chrabski@reqpro.com

permanent link
Softacus AG (2013) | answered Nov 16 '20, 4:21 a.m.

Hello,

First of all check what is the currently installed certificate on your frontend webpage. Navigate to your DOORS NG website and once the page loads click on the "lock icon" in the upper left corner next to the URL. Then click on the certificate where you can see all the details about deployed certificate.

If the cert is not the one you wanted to deploy, it means you have deployed it incorrectly. Have you removed the old certificate ? In the IBM ikeyman tool the certificate marked with "*" is considered default one so make sure you have only the new one left or marked as default.

Also check if you have deployed it as a personal certificate not a signer one as it seems you do not use IHS proxy and your WebSphere Liberty is your frontend judging by the port number. You need to import the file that contains the private key also, not only the public cert, keep this in mind.

If you have any more questions or would like us to support you, do not hesitate to contact us at www.softacus.com

Best Regards,

Adam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.