It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we use the process sharing option in projects between two RM servers?

Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan (32328) | asked Sep 29 '20, 3:00 a.m.

DNG: 6.0.6.1

We are using two RM instances RM1 and RM2.
We are using a project area to share the process configurations to other projects in RM1. Similarly we need to share the process template to projects created in RM2 also.

Can we share the process to projects in different servers also. Please provide the steps if it can be done.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 29 '20, 3:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In general Process sharing works across different servers. Just be aware that RM has a lot of process e.g. the type system, that is not part of the process sharing functionality.

Comments
Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan commented Oct 09 '20, 4:13 a.m.

Thanks for the info Ralph. Yes we do have some different attributes specific to projects. the permission needs to be properly added. 
One query on this, suppose I have shared process i.e. consider Project B inherits the process from Project A. But in Project B we add an attribute in the Artifact type, now we try to give the permission in Project B alone. Will it break the inheritance for other permission configuration? 

Chidambaram L commented Nov 04 '20, 1:55 a.m. | edited Nov 04 '20, 1:55 a.m.
Type System cannot be shared.
You need some automation for the same.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 04 '20, 2:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I do not have a lot of experience with this and how it will look like if you use process sharing here. If this works, only a very limited set of capabilities are maintained in the shared process e.g. permissions. A lot is maintained somewhere else in DNG.

For the type system aspect, see https://jazz.net/library/article/92554

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.