It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does archiving old project areas boost the performance of RM server?

Adam Rabčan (453) | asked Dec 21 '21, 3:18 a.m.

Hello all,

We have a production system with 1 RM server which is already overloaded.
We have decided to install a new RM server and add it as a second RM instance to the same JTS server.
We are going to migrate the currently most used project areas to the new instance.
We are then going to archive these PA on the old RM.
The question is Can we gain more performance on the old RM by doing so?

Thank you.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Dec 21 '21, 4:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Archiving a project area usually does not remove any data from an application's repository. It should reduce the volume of tracked resources indexed in LDX and LQE, making queries in either run slightly faster. Which might make querying for back links a bit faster, but I suspect that's probably only going to be minor overall.

Adam Rabčan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Adam Rabčan commented Dec 21 '21, 5:04 a.m. | edited unknown

Thanks, That is what I thought.

Is there any work being done on the feature to delete resources from the application databases?
We have many customer that would need such feature and It is quite shocking you cannot delete data permanently at the moment. 

Adam Rabčan commented Dec 21 '21, 5:04 a.m.

Thanks, That is what I thought.

Is there any work being done on the feature to delete resources from the application databases?
We have many customer that would need such feature and It is quite shocking you cannot delete data permanently at the moment.  

Stefan Oblinger commented Dec 22 '21, 3:02 a.m.

Does RM contribute to LDX? This is not the case, as far as I know.

David Honey commented Jan 05 '22, 8:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It's not added to LDX by default. However, if you have multiple RM servers and have links between requirements across those servers, it might make sense to have both as data sources in LDX. I'd have to try such a scenario to see if that makes sense, but currently not in a position to do so.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.