It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I add more rules to creation of modules from a custom template?

Ravi Gollapudi (37117) | asked Jun 25 '20, 12:29 p.m.
I have creates a template to generate specification modules with links to some other artifacts.

When I am creating a module, I want to run some checks to dynamically link to other artifacts relevant.

Can I add more steps in the module creation process?

One answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Jun 25 '20, 1:16 p.m.
edited Jun 25 '20, 1:17 p.m.
Hi Ravi,

Not sure about the exact scenario you are describing but usually one of the best ways to dynamically create links is using the Link By Attribute feature

You can create base artifact links (using artifact IDs e.g.46735683) or module context links (using artifact IDs dot prefixed by module ID e.g. 874367256.46735683)

Comments
Ravi Gollapudi commented Jun 25 '20, 2:39 p.m.
Hi Sean, thanks for you answer. I tried the linking by attribute, but I may want to extend this to my scenario explained below.

I have created a module 'Sample Spec 1' with 15 'requirements', 3 'features' and 2 'assumptions'. Feature and assumption artifacts are inserted from base folder. When I create a new module using this template, I want to create/link 3 new features and 2 assumption artifacts along with 15 requirements.

Is it possible to look for existing feature artifacts to link or create new with suspicion links during the process of module creation?

Any help is appreciated.
-Ravi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.