It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get web link for ETM testcase

Rudi Loderer (131) | asked Sep 24 '20, 5:06 a.m.

Hey there!

Let's assume i'd like to develop a Java application which uses the ETM Reportable REST API to create an overview about a specific set of ETM test cases. Result of the Java application is a document in pdf format. The document contains some brief information about each test case. If the user requires further information, I would like to provide a web link for each test case. If the user follows the link a web browser opens and the ETM web app is loaded. If the user is authenticated the test case is presented directly.

Does ETM support this kind of web link?
If yes, how do I build the web link with the information provided by the ETM Reportable REST API (or any other API)?
Otherwise, are there alternatives?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Monika Rajput (25612) | answered Oct 01 '20, 3:50 a.m.

Hi Rudi,

Please try adding the REST API PUT URL to browser. It should open the test case if user has access to it the project area.

For example, if you used REST PUT URL https://[HOST]/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/[PROJECT]/testcase/<test_case_id> to create the test case, adding this URL to web browser should open the created test case.

Thanks

Rudi Loderer selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.