It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JAZZ RM - import DOORS Requirement LINK via CSV or Excel

Christopher McDaniel (159) | asked Jul 22 '20, 5:13 p.m.
What is the format of the header and data to import a Link to a doors requirement from CSV/Excel file?
I have tried various formats.  I do get feedback from the import process that the header column "Link:References" is not unknown.  But the link is never created.  I feel that the formation of the data field I'm using is incorrect.  Is there a complete example somewhere covering this?  Or does someone have an example showing how to markup this entry?

I am trying to import the link using the Import process for IBM JAZZ RM to create a new artifact.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Adrian Pitonak (641) | answered Jul 23 '20, 2:37 a.m.

Hello Christopher, 

I've tried this with this format, which you can put into the "Link" or "Contents" column in Excel file:

In Content of the requirement:

{LINK id=00000 title="Example" uri=https://hostname/rm/resources/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}

• id = id of linked artifact
  • title = text which you want to show in the content
  • uri = uri of the artifact which you can get by "Share link to artifact"
In the Link attribute: 

• id = id of linked artifact, in this case the id can contain also the id of the module in which the link is created:
0000.0000 = first number is id of the module. second number is id of the linked artifact
  • uri = uri of the artifact which you can get by "Share link to artifact"

Comments
Christopher McDaniel commented Jul 23 '20, 7:12 a.m.
Your response states "In the content of the requirement"....does that mean the requirement in DOORS need to have this information in it?

Could you possibly supply an example for the header and the content that would be needed in that column?

Thanks!

Adrian Pitonak commented Jul 23 '20, 7:24 a.m.

The simply way how to get the this information is to create one "dummy" artifact, create one example of a link (Doesn't matter if it will be in content or link) and export a view which is showing that link to xlsx.

Christopher McDaniel commented Jul 23 '20, 8:22 a.m.
I got it to work.  Thanks for your help!

Do you know how to include multiple links within one CSV entry?  It does not allow adding duplicate columns. 

Also, how about about including multiple enumerated items?

Thanks for the help!

Adrian Pitonak commented Jul 23 '20, 8:44 a.m.
The multiple enumerated values are separated by comma. So in the csv it will looks like this:
Name, Enumerated values
Example, "First enumerated value,Second enumerated value" (but keep in mind that the values cannot be duplicated in one entry)

And for multiple links - you can put second link into the second line in one cell in xlsx and in csv you can put second link into the new row like this
Name,Link,Artifact Type
Example, [name]:[id] {link id .......uri=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}
[name]:[id] {link id .....uri=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx},Requirement

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.