It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Default Test Script

John Matthews (2263932) | asked Nov 16 '09, 11:38 a.m.
RQM 2.0.0.1:

When I view a TER via "view TERs".. the Test Script column contains "None" even though it has a Test Script associated with it. Is this a bug or is there some way to specify a default Script?

What if there is more than one associated Script; can you specify a default one?

4 answers

permanent link
Telmo Duro (11) | answered Nov 17 '09, 1:51 p.m.
I have the same error. When i create a test suite with a test case the default test script is associate but when i close the test suite and when i open it again
there is no default script associated.

Can any one help

permanent link
Jörg Werner (3033881) | answered Jan 10 '14, 6:59 a.m.
We will have also a lot of test cases and test scripts with a 1:1 relation.
For execution everytime the test script column must be set manually from none to the real test script.
Is there a solution, like a defauklt script name  in RQM 4.0.5 or anything planned for RQM 4.0.6?

thanks!

permanent link
Jorge Valdeiglesias (541823) | answered Mar 25 '14, 3:20 p.m.
 I've created a defect in jazz about this since I couldn't find an answer.
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=109356

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Mar 25 '14, 6:34 p.m.
If you use v4.0.4, you are hitting this behavior due to the change in:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=91055

There are some scenarios found to cause the behaviors:
1) When the user adds new test case to the test suite, then after saving the suite, the first script in the test case is selected as default script for test suite.
Now when user removes the default script from test case, then this scenario will occur. As the default script is no longer part of the test case, it shows blank in the test script column for test case in the test suite.
2)
1, Create a Test suite.
2, Create a Test case.
3, Create a Test script.
4, Add Test case to Test suite.
5, Add Test script to Test case.

If you do
"Add Test script to Test case" first, and then "Add Test case to Test suite",
Test script is displayed.
However, if "Add Test case to Test suite" first and then "Add Test script to Test case"
Then, no test script is displayed in Test case section of Test suite.

The workaround could be remove testcase from testsuite and save then add the test case again back to the test suite and see if it works.
If you have too many test cases/testscripts and manual workaround wont work, there is suggestion to use RQMAPIUtility to bring the scripts back into the test suite. You may want to contact support for this approach.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.